Careful Estate planning is vital and often requires collaboration between your lawyer, accountant and financial advisers. Brunga law offices can assist you and your family to achieve the optimal plan for your Estate. Careful estate planning is vital to ensure the comfort and safety of your loved ones.
- Brunga Law Offices can help you outline your testamentary wishes through a Last Will and Testament. The powers you grant to your Trustee (the person who will be managing your estate) only become exercisable after death.
- We also assist clients with the preparation of Powers of Attorney to make sure your property and your own well-being are in good hands should tragedy strike.
- A Power of Attorney for Property will appoint a person to manage your property. The powers granted to your attorney (the person appointed to manage your affairs) are exercised during your lifetime if you become incapable of managing your property yourself (due to mental disability etc.).
- A Power of Attorney for Personal Care will appoint a person to make personal care decisions on your behalf. The powers granted to your attorney are exercised during your lifetime if you become incapable of making personal care decisions on your own (due to mental disability etc.).
Other Estates matters Brunga Law can assist you with include:
- Applications for a Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee (formerly known as “probate”)
- Serving as Estate Trustee or Attorney under a Will or Power of Attorney. A person may choose to have a respected professional such as a lawyer manage his or her estate or property under a Will or Power of Attorney if they have no one else they trust with these duties. A person may also prefer to have such a professionals operate in this capacity not only because the professional is likely to have experience in exercising these duties, but professionals such as lawyers are also bound by special legal and ethical duties in exercising their powers by virtue of their profession. The lawyers at Brunga Law Offices can competently and successfully fulfill this role should you wish to retain us.